Midwest Energy Accelerator
The Midwest Energy Accelerator is a joint program between Detroit-based NextEnergy and Chicago-based Clean Energy Trust. Both organizations are the Midwestern recipients of the National Incubator Initiative for Clean Energy (NIICE) grant, a Department of Energy (DOE) national support network that serves clean energy small businesses and entrepreneurs by providing critical technical assistance and training services in order to bring their technologies closer to market readiness.
To drive economic growth and energy resiliency in the Midwest and beyond by supporting the commercialization and implementation of the most promising advanced energy and transportation technologies.
- Prototypes & Demonstrations
- Technology Challenges: Innovation Matchmaking
- I-Corps Energy & Transportation
Areas of Focus
- Grid: security, connected grid technologies, energy storage, power electronics, distributed generation (DG), and information communication technologies (ICT)
- Built environment: energy efficiency, advanced lighting, HVAC, connectivity, sensors, controls, and building automation
- Transportation: advanced vehicle batteries, power electronics, alternative fuels vehicle electrification and connected vehicles