Technical Program Manager, Mobility
Director, Technology Development
461 Burroughs St., Detroit, Michigan 48202
How You’ll Drive Impact
Support NextEnergy’s Mobility practice through the execution of programs designed to accelerate smart, clean, accessible solutions for communities and cities under the leadership of the Director, Technology Development. You’ll work with technology companies, business stakeholders, public agencies, and NextEnergy partners to launch and manage demonstrations of technologies that help demonstrate and commercialize next-generation mobility technologies and business models.
Execute Smart Mobility Technology Programs and Demonstrations
- Develop and execute smart mobility program work plans, including budget, timelines and reporting
- Monitor program execution, including managing program metrics, risks and making adjustments to the work plan as needed
- Meet program reporting requirements on a timely basis
- Ensure program compliance with NextEnergy’s operational processes and project management tools (Salesforce, Smartsheet, etc.)
Scale Programs to Advance NextEnergy’s Mission
- Research and identify mobility industry technologies and trends
- Analyze program data to identify market and business opportunities
- Conduct lessons learned sessions with the appropriate stakeholders, evaluate best practices and develop new protocols as necessary to promote continuous improvements
- Develop relationships with internal and external program stakeholders
- Deliver exceptional program-execution services to our clients to drive recommendations and referrals
Share NextEnergy’s Impact
- Present on program progress and findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with NextEnergy’s communications team on program-related materials, including program education pieces, surveys and other external-facing marketing materials
- Represent NextEnergy at local, state and national events (conferences, seminars, trade shows, etc.) including developing and/or delivering presentations at conferences, workshops and industry convening events
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business, or urban planning
- 3+ years of program management experience in energy, transportation, technology or a mobility-related field.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification
- Working knowledge of a broad range of energy and mobility market sectors and the key technologies within each sector
- Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and client engagements
- Experience with a CRM platform such as salesforce
- Ability to manage and coordinate the day-to-day activities of a team
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines within a fast-faced, entrepreneurial environment
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of NextEnergy, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, flexible work arrangements and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
The NextEnergy team (including this position) is currently working remotely. The organization is actively developing a plan for the future of our onsite work, which will provide updated expectations for in-person reporting and would not be implemented until January 2022. A candidate for this position should be prepared to work multiple days in Detroit per week, depending on business needs.
Candidates for positions with NextEnergy must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextEnergy is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER committed to diversity and consideration of all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status, protected veteran status or any other category prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.
Applicants with a disability who may need an accommodation to participate in the interview process should make such an accommodation request at the time they are contacted by a department representative to schedule an interview.
Qualified individuals please submit a resume to NextEnergy at: Jobs@nextenergy.org